Revised 2013-14 Schedule
You are probably aware that Pennsylvania mandates public schools offer a minimum of 180 days of instruction. What you might not know, however, is that schools must also meet requirements for hours of instruction as well (900 hours elementary, 990 hours secondary). So as a result of all the wintry weather that’s been served up already, the original school calendar is in need of major updates in order to keep us in compliance. To help you plan, here is an overview of some key dates moving forward.
• Monday, February 17: School in session for all students K-12.
• Tuesday, February 18: Two-hour late start.
• Thursday, March 13: ½ Day/Early Dismissal for Students in Grades 1-5.
Kindergarten and Grades 6-12 will follow a normal schedule.
• Friday, March 14: ½ Day/Early Dismissal for students in Grades 1-5.
PM Kindergarten and Grades 6-12 will not have classes.
• Wednesday, April 16: School is in session for all students K-12.
• Thursday, April 17 -Monday, April 21: No School for students.
• Tuesday, April 22: Two-hour late start.
• Monday, May 26: No School for students.
• Friday, June 6: Classes in session K-12. Graduation for seniors.
• Monday, June 9: Classes in session for Grades K-11
• Tuesday, June 10: Classes in session for Grades K-11
• Wednesday, June 11: Classes in session for Grades K-11
The daily schedule for June will be finalized and announced closer to the time, factoring in the need for a revised finals testing schedule and state mandated requirements.